I need a pre-purchase inspection done as soon as possible, how quickly can you do it?
Generally, if you book today we can do your inspection tomorrow and supply your report the same day. If you call us now on 0451 070 398 we may even be able to conduct your inspection TODAY.
How long does it take to get the report?
You will have your report the SAME DAY as the inspection. We pride ourselves on this service.
Why do I need a house inspection?
Why take the risk on purchasing a property that could have structural issues that cost you a significant amount of money to repair, when this situation could have been avoided in the first place by conducting a pre-purchase house inspection? It just makes good sense to have one done, and enables you to make a more informed decision when buying a home.
I’ve found a property that I like, when should I get a building inspection done?
You can have a house inspection done before you make an offer, but most buyers tend to get it done during the 2 day cooling off period, with purchase subject to a satisfactory report. They can also be done as a condition of contract, with a date mutually agreed with the vendor.
Typically, how long does a good house inspection take and can I be there?
We take as much time as is necessary to conduct the best inspection for you, but depending on the size, age and type of property, it can take between one and a half to two hours. You are most welcome to attend the inspection if you wish.
What does your house inspection reporting include?
All our reporting is conducted meticulously to the Australian Standards AS4349.1-2007 for the pre-purchase inspection of residential buildings. We always inspect the exterior roof top areas, inside the roof space and the sub-floor space where access is available and it is safe to do so.
Our pre-purchase building inspections will include the following:
- Internal inspections of bedrooms, bathrooms and toilets, kitchens, main living areas, laundry rooms, en suites, passageways and entrances.
- Inspection of all internal doors, windows, tiling, stairs, architraves, skirting boards, cornices, walls, ceiling linings, carpeting, painting and plastering.
- External inspections of walls, windows, doors, trims, decking and patios, hot water units, lintels, pergolas, fascia, barges, garage roller doors, render, brickwork and mortar joints.
- Roof exterior and roof space inspection of the framing structures, insulation and sarking, metal roofing integrity, roof tiles, ridge capping, valleys, gable cladding, guttering, eaves, downpipes, vents, flues and flashings.
- Below floor space inspections that include sub-floor timber framing structures, as well as supports, posts, piers, stumps, ventilation and ant caps.
- All areas are checked for rising damp, dry rot and surface water.
- Our pre-purchase property inspections also include a general site inspection of all driveways, paths, steps, fencing, retaining walls, storm water disposal and site drainage, vehicle accommodations, outbuildings such as garages and sheds, trees and shrubs that are in close proximity to the house.
Our Timber Pest (Termite) inspections are conducted in accordance with Australian Standards and include:
- Inspections of the roof cavity and sub floor space looking for signs of wood decay from termites or wood borers.
- Internal and external timber pest inspection including floor boards, skirting boards and all visible timber inside, wooden cladding and all visible timber outside.
- Inspections of any wooden fencing and surrounding trees for fertile termite nesting areas.
Why not take the best option and conveniently book both inspections today with our Combined Pre-purchase Building and Pest Inspection BOOK NOW!
How much can I expect to pay for a quality Pre-purchase house inspection?
Compared to the value of a house, inspections are surprisingly inexpensive, and are a small price to pay for peace of mind. Depending on the size of the house, a pre-purchase property inspection can cost between $300 -$500. Our timber pest (termite) inspections start at around $250.
Please feel free to CONTACT US today on 0451 070 398 and we can provide you with a free no obligation quote and secure your inspection.
How can we pay?
Payment can be made by either Visa or Mastercard over the phone, or by direct bank transfer prior to the inspection being conducted. You can also pay the inspector directly on the day of inspection.
Are you insured?
Yes, we have full professional indemnity and public liability policies in place.
When the inspection is completed can we contact you with any questions we might have?
Absolutely! In fact, after you have reviewed your report, we encourage you to call us and seek clarification on any points of concern and to ensure you have read and fully understand your property inspection report.